ICON’s economic enshrinement proposal set the expectation that Balanced will become a leading cross-chain DeFi protocol. To make that a reality, we need contributors to support the Balanced app and other user-facing touchpoints.
The DAO is expected to fund product development going forwards, so let’s kick things off with a 4-month proposal:
PARROT9 (4 people part-time): 12,000 bnUSD/month
Additional front-end developer (part-time): 4,000 bnUSD/month
Total: 64,000 bnUSD
This will allow us to maintain our current level of design, content, and product management, and double our front-end development resource so we can keep up with ICON’s cross-chain connections.
Funding will support:
- bnUSD Savings Rate
- Cross-chain connections
- cctp.money integration (to transfer native USDC between supported chains)
- Refactoring to improve scalability and stability of the app
Although we won’t get through them all in 4 months, cross-chain connections with Avalanche, Injective, BSC, Havah, Ethereum, Neutron, and Kujira are on our radar.
If time allows, we’ll also continue to chip away at additional improvements, like those mentioned in our previous proposal:
- Technical documentation
- Comprehensive wallet section for the Home page
- Option to repay debt with locked collateral
- Price chart support for all pairs on the Trade page